The Department of Trade and Industry’s Bureau of Philippine Standards (DTI-BPS) approves the Amendment 01:2019 of the Philippine National Standard (PNS) 07:2018 Portland Cement – Specification.
The PNS 07:2018 covers the specifications for ten types of portland cement. The Amendment 01:2019 contains the modifications provided against the clause/subclause of processing additions in the standard.
The PNS 07:2018 Amendment 01:2019 was approved by the Bureau of Philippine Standards Technical Committee on Cement and Lime (BPS/TC 3). BPS/TC 3 is composed of representatives from the University of the Philippines – Building Research Service, Philippine Concrete Industry Association, Philippine Constructors Association, Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines, Cement Manufacturers Association of the Philippines, Department of Public Works and Highways – Bureau of Research and Standards, Department of Science and Technology – Industrial Technology Development Institute, Cement Testing Center, Philippine GeoAnalytics, Inc., Republic Cement, and Cemex Philippines.
The DTI-BPS also adopted the following standards on cement and lime as Philippine National Standards:
- PNS ASTM C91/C91M:2019 with Amd 1:2019 Standard Specification for Masonry Cement
- PNS ASTM C305:2019 Standard Practice for Mechanical Mixing of Hydraulic Cement Pastes and Mortars of Plastic Consistency
- PNS ASTM C511:2019 Standard Specification for Mixing Rooms, Moist Cabinets, Moist Rooms, and Water Storage Tanks Used in the Testing of Hydraulic Cements and Concretes
- PNS ASTM C778:2019 Standard Specification for Standard Sand
- PNS ASTM C1506:2019 Standard Test Method for Water Retention of Hydraulic Cement-Based Mortars and Plasters
The standards mentioned above support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (UNSDG) on Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (Goal 9) and on Sustainable Cities and Communities (Goal 11). These standards will promote common understanding among stakeholders of the cement industry in building safe, resilient, and sustainable infrastructures for inclusive industrialization.
The DTI-BPS is the National Standards Body of the Philippines. It is the country’s member to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). It has established partnership with the ASTM International through a Memorandum of Understanding in 2003.