The Department of Trade and Industry’s Bureau of Philippine Standards (DTI-BPS) adopts the latest version of the international standard on Standard Specification for Fiber-Reinforced Concrete, ASTM C1116/C1116M:2019 as Philippine National Standard (PNS), PNS ASTM C1116/C1116M:2019.
The PNS ASTM C1116/C1116M:2019 covers all forms of fiber-reinforced concrete that are delivered to a purchaser with the ingredients uniformly mixed, and that can be sampled and tested at the point of delivery. This standard was approved for adoption as PNS by the DTI-BPS upon the recommendation of the Technical Committee on Concrete, Reinforced Concrete and Pre-Stressed Concrete (BPS/TC 5). BPS/TC 5 is composed of representatives from the ACI-Philippines; Philippine Concrete Industry Association; University of the Philippines-Building Research Service; Technological University of the Philippines; National Housing Authority; Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines; Department of Public Works and Highways-Bureau of Research and Standards; Department of Science and Technology’s Industrial Technology Development Institute-Chemical Properties and Physical Properties; Philippine GeoAnalytics Inc.; ACS Manufacturing Corp.; Nippon Tech Builders; Makati Development Corporation; Cement Manufacturers’ Association of the Philippines; and Omnico Consortium, Inc.
The DTI-BPS also adopts the following international standards on concrete as Philippine National Standards (PNS):
- PNS ASTM C40/C40M:2019 Standard Test Method for Organic Impurities in Fine Aggregates for Concrete
- PNS ASTM C136/C136M:2019 Standard Test Method for Sieve Analysis of Fine and Coarse Aggregate
- PNS ASTM C173/C173M:2019 Standard Test Method for Air Content of Freshly Mixed Concrete by the Volumetric Method
- PNS ASTM C231/C231M:2019 Standard Test Method for Air Content of Freshly Mixed Concrete by the Pressure Method
- PNS ASTM C1260:2019 Standard Test Method for Potential Alkali Reactivity of Aggregates (Mortar-Bar Method)
- PNS ASTM D75/D75M:2019 Standard Practice for Sampling Aggregates
These standards shall benefit the Philippine concrete and construction industry. These standards also contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal (UNSDG) 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure, and UNSDG 12 Responsible Consumption and Production.
The DTI-BPS is the National Standards Body of the Philippines. It is the country’s member to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).